Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Father Fro Was Here


My father, the shmear-o

Shalom. 

The past week or so has been a total blur. I was completely jet lagged and out of it for the first couple days... wait, scratch that. I'm still jet lagged. 

It was a weird transition going from LA to Jerusalem, from freedom to school. And I can't quite say my head is completely back in class mode. But overall, it feels good to be back where most of my clothes are; it feels good to be back in the neighborhood where I've created a life. And it feels good to be back in the thick of things at school, despite the fact that I could use another month or two off from classes. 

The highlight of the past week was definitely having my father here. He arrived Friday morning from a business trip in Switzerland, and stayed through last night. Yesterday I gave my one and only D'var Torah (mini-sermon) of the year, on Parshat Beshallach. So it meant the world to have him here to hear it. I wish the rest of the family could have been there, too. Regardless, I had a great time with dad, and was sad to see him go. He and mom return at Pesach for two weeks. 

The d'var was well-received, people were very supportive and really liked it. I was proud. It went well. Once I get my act together and take out all the "pause here" and "deep breath" marks, I'll post it on the blog. For now, enjoy a few pics me and Dad. 

Enjoying a hot cup of Sangria ... not exactly Israeli, but truly reminiscent of our Father-Daughter trip to Mallorca, Spain

In Jerusalem, with the David Citadel behind us 

With Lauren, Lisa, and Leslie at Darna, a Moroccan mis'ada
in the heart of Jlem. 

At the Eretz Yisrael Museum in Tel Aviv

Until next time, 

J.Fro in J.Lem


1 comment:

Daniel said...

Coming from someone who loves all types of Fromers, it's great to see two great ones together -- and looking holy. Three cheers for Dr. Lenny.